Monday, April 21, 2014

"It is another crazy week guys"

If you only knew how crazy my last week was. First of all it was Semana Santa and that means that the Catholics remember that they are Catholics and the Evangelicos convert to be Catholic for a week because they want to participate in all of the events, also people who don't usually drink, drank. And, missionaries aren't popular. So, we spent much of our time in a church and I just about went crazy but I didn't, so that's good. I'm rambling, sorry. 

Second, this will make your jaw drop mom... so on Wednesday I was just sitting in my little hammock reading my little Spanish Book of Mormon listening to all of the booyah of Semana Santa outside when all of the sudden I hear "HERMANA MINNICK PHHHOONNE!" I don't like to answer the phone, especially in Spanish and also because our phone is from the last century. I yelled hello into the receiver 20 times before I heard the voice of Elder Russell (my ex Zone leader and the newest AP) "Hermana Minnick! It's your favorite zone leader!" I just thought, "Yeah, not after what you're going to say to me!" He preceded to say, "You have emergency changes, we will be there to pick you up in 40 minutes." I thought he was joking. FORTY MINUTES!!! Like, I'm a Hermana! I actually unpack my stuff and settle in!  I'm not some Elder that lives out of a suitcase! It will take at least 3 hours to pack... also changes?! What about my investigators and the members and my companion still didn't even know the area!!! But, that's the mission. So I just sat there in pure shock and Hermana Betancourth basically packed my bags... in 40 minutes. I didn't know it was possible! So they show up, put my suitcases in the back of the truck and then Guatemala decided that it wanted to rain really hard. I was in so much shock that I didn't even care about my stuff... although I did care later when I opened my suitcases that night.

Flash back to the night before, Hermana Garcia (the mission nurse who I love) called to check on me and Batman (my parasites) and told me that the area doctor told her that if my parasites didn't leave, or if they decide to come back, I will be deported to Los Estados Unidos to finish my mission!!!! So, she gave me some more killer pills and I am doing every thing I can to get these evil worms out of me. She told me I would be transferred in May to a parasite free area. But, I guess they decided that instead of May they decided tomorrow. So, I am in SAN MARTIN (this is ironic because it is Hermana Bontempo's last area and I feel like I am walking in her footsteps which scares me because I don't think I can handle the culture shock of the United States right now!) I love San Martin and I love my companion! Hermana OUTSEN!!! A GRINGA!! She went to Brighton and grew up in Sandy so we basically have small world moments all day long! These last five days with her have been an absolute blast! It's nice to remember that I still have a personality in English. (Please go read her blog because she is so funny and will share other experiences we had this week - www.marenoutsen.blogspot.com )

I was so sad to leave my investigators in Samala, but my zone leader from Las Palmas told me today that Leonel passed his interview for baptism and that makes every hard moment of the last three months worth it for me!!!!!!! I might not be able to see the fruit but I dang (you can take that out mom) sure planted those seeds with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength! 

Also, on Saturday we had a baptism and it was the sweetest tender mercy in the entire world. My soul hurt for 3 months and on Saturday I felt so happy to witness a precious soul enter into the waters of baptism. 
This is Jenni, she is 13. Although she technically isn't my convert,
it is my goal to make her the best recent convert in the ward.


Onto other things...

1. An investigator tried to tell me this last week that keeping the commandments was like, "C´s get degrees."   No way, Jose!   
 See Alma 37:13

13 O remember, remember, my son Helaman, how strict are the commandments of God. And he said: If ye will keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land—but if ye keep not his commandments ye shall be cut off from his presence.

2. I found this scripture this week and it pumped me up so much!!!  


DyC 128:22-23

 22 Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. aCourage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into bsinging. Let the cdead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the dKing Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to eredeem them out of their fprison; for the prisoners shall go free.
 23 Let the amountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solidbrocks weep for joy! And let the sun, moon, and the cmorning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, and dimmortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers!
I love you all so much!  Send me a letter or two if you want!

Love,
Hermana Minnick  

Ugly face contest...who wins????
(Outsen, Parker, Terry, Minnick)

La Semana Santa! 


Just hangin with some friends in the trees!

This is the first lizard I have caught on my mission...isn't he cute???

We had P-Night!



Following pics from LAST WEEK with her last comp in SAMALA!!!!!!  

My companion eats these sandwiches every day!  
My watch tan line!

This is where I study!

No comments:

Post a Comment