Monday, December 1, 2014

I love Guatemala!

Muy buenos dias familia!

Como estan? Mom, I hope you know that I am going to attempt to teach you Spanish so that you don't feel so left out. You can teach me German too. Deal?

Well, I feel a lot of emotions right now. I'll try to pick one and write about it. Mom, I am just going to answer one of the questions you sent me.

Why is Guatemala special?  Why does God love "your" Guatemalans???  

Let me see if I can answer this how I want to... 

Guatemala is special to me because here I honestly and truthfully received a confirmation so firm from the Holy Ghost that all of this is TRUE.  In fact, there is a God that lives, He has a body of flesh and bones, we are His children and we were created in His image. His son Jesus Christ lives. He descended below it all. He felt every pain, sickness, and sadness. For me, and you, He bled through every pore.  My sin sick soul can be healed through Him and only Him. 

In Guatemala I learned of the perfect life that the Savior lived. I strive to follow His example. I teach, love and serve like Him. In my first area, on my broken-tile, grime-stained floor, I got on my knees and I learned how to really pray.  I learned how to imagine myself stepping into the presence of my Heavenly Father and talking to Him. I learned how to repent. But, really truly repent. And right now, I want to invite you to repent because there really isn't another option but to do so. REPENT! It hurts so good!

It has been here in the Book of Mormon lands where I have come to LOVE the Book of Mormon. I have read it four times here and well, I hope to read it over and over again for the rest of my life. It contains the FULLNESS of the gospel and it is TRUE.

I love Guatemala because in every place I have taught I have defended the Prophet Joseph. I know that he saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that the priesthood keys were restored through Him. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet today!

Here, I have learned that if I want to be happy, then I HAVE to keep the commandments!!! Seriously, if you want to have a nonstop smile then live the gospel and do it with ZEAL I LOVE MY GUATEMALA because HERE in the pouring rain, and in the striking sun I have come to know more perfectly this perfect plan that God has for all of us. The Church of Jesus Christ is the only true church on the face of the earth. It is His church!

I love Guatemala because it has the best sunsets and the clouds here are so insane. I love the exotic fruit, I love the bright colors, the food (sometimes). I love the rainstorms. I could go on and on but I'll save some to tell you later.

Why does God love my Guatemalans?

They are SO faithful. When they commit to something they give it their all!! They have the faith to move a mountain, I'm not kidding! God loves the Guatemalans because they work hard and they don't complain. I have never heard so many sincere prayers in my life. He loves them because they love Him and they show it! The Guatemalan Saints are so happy, they shine! They prosper! They share the gospel! I love my Guatemalans!

I cant wait to bring all of you here!


LOVE,
Hermana Minnick


Hermana Valeriano, Hermana Outsen, Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment