Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ch Ch Ch..Changes!

Okay mom to put you out of your misery:
  1. I am pretty sure I am clean of my parasites -- thanks to the pills I took every 8 hours for 3 weeks. I feel AWESOME! Parasite free baby!!
  2. Yes, I had changes. Where am I?     Zona - Las Palmas /  Area - Samala  / City - San Sebastian up to San Felipe.
  3. Who's my companion? Hermana Leyva from Mexico! She is the cutest, hardest working missionary. I am finishing her training!! Yes, I am training...and I don't know how, but I'm going to learn very fast!
There. Are you happy? I'm happy. 

I was a little to sad to leave San Francisco. Actually a lot sad. San Francisco is the paradise of the mission and anyone who has been there will tell you that. I love the people there! Hermana Ostler and I cried -- A lot! But, I am happy for a change. I like change. I told President I wanted to be sent to an "area de fe" and that's where he sent me. I feel like I have been sent to a different mission! 

In the area where I am, missionaries have been in and out fast. I have been told that they haven't baptized anyone here for 9 months. For the first time in my mission, I have had a lot of doors slammed on my face. All of the people WORK WORK WORK. My area is ginormous! In the pueblo every street looks the same and me and my companion got lost a couple of times this week because she has only one change here. This area will be a great challenge. But, I know that the Lord is preparing people here. I know we will see miracles in Samala! There are 600 less active members. The asistence is 150. This week we found more less active members than investigators. I am here to help save them! RESCATAR! 

It is so weird to be back in Retalhuleu! I forgot how HOT it is here. Yesterday my Bishop said, "Hermana Minnick, just wait until February and March." For the first time in my mission I want it to rain again!! I sleep with my fan on FULL blast and no blankets! Also, I got sunburned pretty bad!  


I wish you guys could throw snowballs to Guatemala! :)

I love this gospel. I know its true. If I didn't know 100%, there is no way in the world I would be sweating every drop of water out of my body, getting doors slammed in my face, and taking tests for parasites. But, I will tell you something, its worth it in every way. The truth is worth it!!! I know God lives and He has a plan. He knows us inside and out. Use the atonement everyday of your life! Read the Book of Mormon everyday!  Pray everyday! 

Smart people do the simple and small things consistently

Until next Lunes... much love,
Hermana Minnick

Shoutouts:
Willes family!! Thank you for the package! I love the watches!!
Hermana Hubbard! I got your letter from Spain! LOVE YOU!

“Love this person”
Hermana Bontempo - MTC comp.
YOU have to read her blog this week!  www.sisterbontempo.com  JUST WOW!!!


“She makes my top ten favorite people list”
Hermana Camille Ostler - Whit has been roomies with this darling missionary for the last 7 months.


This thing gave me a fright!
Adios Mazatenango!

I left my heart in San Francisco!

Planner...my life!

Back to REU and swollen feet!


My new companion, Hermana Leyva from Mexico!

 “Packing is the worst part of my mission…next to cold showers”  
Note - this pic includes two Hermanas stuff.  I sent Whit with TWO SUITCASES and ONE BACKPACK.  Imagine getting on one of those busses with all this stuff!  Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment