Monday, January 6, 2014

Hi my name is: I have writer's block.

Hi my dear family,

I just found out that there is a possibility that I will have changes this week, and I wasn't expecting it...So, every single thought has left my head but I will do my best...

How goes it over there is Utah? Here it is hotter than hades! On the bright side, I am starting to get tan again. This week 3 drunk men proposed to me in English. I was impressed because their eyes were crossed, but their English was almost perfect: 

Them: "You be my wife?" 
Me: "No. Drink water and come to church."

Family, I love you! I love you! I love you! I forgot to mention in my last letter how awesome it was to see your faces and hear your voices! 

Dad -  the lady cut your hair too short, but it will grow back (I hope) My companions also think you are hilarious! I hope you are feeling better!!!  
Note from Tami- it may take all year for Jay's hair to grow back! :)

Weston - Your voice has changed and you look more buffer. Good work. Also...Elder Minnick...start preparing NOW!!!

Zane - You are the cutest human being. I'm glad you're my brother and volleyball peppering buddy for life.

Mom - WHY DID YOU MAKE ME CRY!? You looked so beautiful and I realized that I sound exactly like you! Also, I know that everyone says this but you seriously are the best mom in the world, you would smoke every other mom out of the water!! 

Family, I just want you to know that this is all worth it! I know that you miss me, but I'm telling you, 15 minutes after I get home you'll want to send me right back to Guatemala! 

I love my mission! I love it! I love it! I love love love it!! I keep thinking that my mission is the MTC for my life (how chessy, but so true). I am learning the best lessons you would want your daughter to learn, such as: 
  • I'm learning how to study and apply the scriptures to my life. 
  • I'm learning how to be a leader. 
  • I'm learning how to listen to the spirit. 
  • I'm learning how to love and serve God's children. 
  • I'm learning obedience, diligence, patience, gratitude, humility and charity. 
Weston and Zane, a mission is the best place to be! Set your goals NOW! Today! 
The Lord will prepare people for you, but, you need to prepare for them! Weston, read with Zane in the Book of Mormon. It will be some good brother bonding time! I am so proud of you two! Remember for both of you, this is a commandment of the Lord- to serve a full-time mission. It will be the best two years FOR your life. Honor your priesthood and take care of Mom! I love you both. Prepare now.

I love you my wonderful, beautiful, awesome family! I hope that in 2014 you can all accomplish your goals and write Whitney more letters! 

Love,

Hermana Minnick

P.S. Weston, today I sent you a birthday package. Pray hard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment