Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feliz Nuevo Año!!!

HELLO!! 

Happy Happy New Year!!! I can't believe how fast this year flew! I feel like every year of my life gets harder, but better at the same time. I'm in the decade of decisions... I'm excited that in 2014 I can make the decision to serve with all of my heart, might, mind and strength. 

I'm also setting a goal to avoid catching parasites in 2014... I couldn't take it anymore so I took a parasite test this morning (you guys know the drill) I won't go into detail.  Anyway, I went to district meeting this morning and then after the nurses walked in with this huge white garbage sack full of pills. I have 3 evil parasites, fungus stuff, and another bacteria (they aren't entirely evil because I've lost 15 lbs). The names of the parasites look like this: e. jsdfhjisfhuwef, f. jhsdfjhiosdf etc. But don't worry parents every missionary gets parasites here. Anyways, I feel like I will have pills to last me a lifetime and the nurses call them "bombas" for a good reason. For the first time in my life I am happy to take pills!! 

Are you guys excited for 2014?! I am!! I hope you all set meaningful goals that make it past March! I know you can do it! I love setting goals! I remember when I was little I thought they were called "New Year's Revolutions" instead of "Resolutions" sometimes I think it really does take a revolution to change. But hey, anything is possible! 

This weekend I had a testimony building experience... One of my recent converts passed away last night. Her name is Flora Chavez, she is member of the first family I baptised. She had cancer, was suffering and it was her time to go. On Sunday night we went to visit her. I felt such a sweet spirit there. We went into her room with the Bishop. She couldn't talk, but will all of her strength she reached her arm up and placed her hand on the Bishop's head. She wanted a Priesthood Blessing. I definitely felt the comforting power of the spirit. After we sang her favorite hymn, "I Am a Child of God". I thought about the Plan of Salvation and how I know its true. How comforting it is to know that I will see my loved ones one day. Then on Monday we got a call that she had passed away. 

This experience reminded me of when my Grandma Mary passed away. I can still remember walking down our little hallway with green carpet (I am glad the 90's are over) looking at my Dad crying. I remember him telling me that my Grandma had died late in the night, but that everything was okay because we were going to see her again. I love my Grandma, and I love that I get to see her again. When we got to the house I gave little Melani (Flora's granddaughter) a hug and reminded her of the sweet and perfect plan. I love this gospel. I love that I know where I came from, who I am, and where I am going!! 

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and that tonight on New Years you celebrate classily and cleanly... 

Make 2014 the best year yet!! Strive to be a representative of Jesus Christ in all times and places! Here is a quote that I love:

"We acknowledge that your path will at times be difficult. But I give you this promise in the name of the Lord: rise up and follow in the footsteps of our Redeemer and Savior, and one day you will look back and be filled with eternal gratitude that you chose to trust the Atonement and its power to lift you up and give you strength.   

My dear friends and brethren, no matter how many times you have slipped or fallen, rise up! Your destiny is a glorious one! Stand tall and walk in the light of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! You are stronger than you realize. You are more capable than you can imagine. You can do it now! Of this I testify in the sacred name of our Master " -President Uchtdorf


LOVE YOU ALL,
Hermana Minnick

P.S. Sorry for my scatter brain today, I blame it on the parasites.

SHOUTOUTS (I got a HUGE pile of letters):
Grandma Linda! I love your cards and I love you!
Tanner!!! I got the package! I cried when I saw the goldfish!! YOU ARE THE BEST!
Zane, I loved your letter! I'm so proud of you!
Grandpa John and Grandma Shirley! I LOVED the card! I love and miss you!!
Matthews Family
Sarah
Hermana Bangerter
Shanoah
Hermana Alvarez
Tysh
I LOVE YOU ALL...letters are coming back!

Our companions have never had Christmas,
so Hermana Ostler and I gave them one!


Oscar got baptized on Saturday,
he is going to be a great missionary!

Reunited and it feels so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment