Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Feliz Navidad

After many awesome weeks, this week was a rough one. But that is just life, ya know? We have to have our down days to appreciate the good ones. I think I hit my 6 month dump (I just made that up).  My body got tired this week.  But I am so thankful for the power of prayer and that when I ask Heavenly Father to push me up this hill because I think I can't take one more step, He does. I am blessed. 

As hard as this week was, we still saw miracles. Little Chepe was baptized. I loved seeing his face as he entered the pila. He was so excited. It reminded me of the covenants that I have made and how I need to be more excited about promises I have made with my Heavenly Father. 

Honestly, I am so thankful to be here sharing the message of the restored gospel and testifying of my Savior Jesus Christ! He lives and loves us. As we rely on His atoning sacrifice, we can and will receive peace and true happiness in our lives!

I loved the Christmas Devotional yesterday!  Hermana Ostler and I made friends with the stake president and he let us watch it in English. He loves talking in English to us. He said,

"If you want something done, talk to the boss." 

We made friends with the right guy.  It was so great to hear the prophets voice! 

Anyways, I love you all!  Please remember why we are celebrating this Christmas season!  Serve and love others!!! Thank you for all of the prayers and support!!

Much love,
Hermana Minnick

This was a happy moment!
Feliz Navidad!

This is Chepe!
He comes from a family of a million niños and an abuela
that are recent conversos. Last week I saw them all and I thought,
"I wonder if they are all baptized?"
(that is a regular thought of mine becuase I'm a missionary pues)
Anyway, he is seriously the cutest little guy.
He gives me flowers every time I come.

There are a dozen more niños but they were running wild...

Our stake president called me "chapinga" -- Half chapina, half gringa.



Bug bites and Tan Lines!

This is Alejandra. She has 104. We walked past and I walked over because
she was attempting to sweep the garbage into another pile of garbage.
Anyway, she let me help her sweep and I thought I did a really good job becuase I am Jay and Tami Minnick’s daughter and they taught me how to sweep right.. Well, apparently my sweeping job wasn’t good enough... long story short there were like 5 different piles of garbage and not a garbage can in sight. I hope you can make sense out of this. I can’t speak English anymore.


I've never been so excited to have a Christmas Tree!
(Note from Tami:  She has a copy of Jesus the Christ on her desk...I used that same copy on my mission.  I ALSO love that she has vitamins and bug spray.  I think I am going to send her some Permethrin.  That will kill everything!) 


Thanks to whoever helped my mom make this banner!!!! :)
(Note from Tam:  THANKS TONI NILSON, and did you notice she KNEW I didn't make it!  LOL!  No crafts around this place~)  


No comments:

Post a Comment