Friday, June 28, 2013

Hola Amigos


Hola Amigos,

Okay, I can't believe it's P-day again!!! This week WAS AMAZING!!!! I got to meet my mission President--President Ruiz and his wife! They are so cute and little....but seriously have the most powerful testimonies!! President Ruiz can speak a little English! There are 10 Hermanas' and 10 Elders here in the MTC going to my mission, so it was fun to meet them all!! President Ruiz talked to us for 45 minutes... all in Spanish! I understood every word. The gift of interpretations is real. He said the 3 most important things are:

1. Our own conversion and bearing our testimony to the people of Reu with CONVICTION
2. The little white missionary handbook (the white bible)
3. Preach My Gospel

On Monday I was in the bookstore and all of the sudden I heard in a little Spanish accent,  "Hermana Minnick, Hermana Minnick!! Will you come help my wife? She needs help picking panty hoes!" So, I guess my Spanish is good enough to pick out tights... Hermana Ruiz is such a sweet heart!! 

President Ruiz also said that we would not only be learning Spanish, but also Quiche...some Mayan dialect...so rad!!! I have also come to the conclusion that Heavenly Father sent me on a Spanish speaking mission so that I could learn patience. I'm working on it!  I can tell he is going to be an incredible Mission President, I'm going to learn as much as I can from him!

Future Rue Missionaries in MTC together! Our new mission President, President RUIZ!

This week at the MTC was crazy! We had almost all of the mission presidents in the world here, plus members of the Quorum of the Twelve and the First Presidency here EVERY DAY! This place is special. I'm so blessed to be here. And how about the WORLD WIDE BROADCAST, right?!? So incredible! I didn't get to sing in the choir because I came in the week after the cut off date, but I did get to sit 3 rows up from the stage.  I could definitely see the facial expressions of the twelve. I will never forget that experience. Also, I must have zoned out during the whole Facebook / technology part... I didn't even hear about that but everyone wrote me all excited. First, I don't think that they have facebook in the jungle... Second, I want to share the main point I got out of that meeting --  To LOVE those you serve, listen to promptings of the Holy Ghost, work together as a team, and last do everything in your power to help others come unto Christ. I loved that meeting.
On Tuesday we got to listen to Janice Kapp Perry. She is hilarious, and so talented. I guess I need to thank her for helping me gain a testimony. Her primary songs literally taught me the gospel! Then, on Wednesday we had TRC. It was incredible. I was able to bear my testimony in Spanish. I made the women I was teaching cry. It was a special experience.
The rest of the days I study, I study so hard. Lazy is not in my vocabulary. I also spend 20 minutes of my day staring out the window at the beautiful mountains saying "Dracula" over and over and over again. My teacher is determined to help me find a way to learn to roll my R's. It's working. I'm slowing getting better. Also, my district hate me and Dracula (they really love me). Speaking of my district, aka my family, I love them!!!!!!!! We have so much fun! We all gave each other Disney names... They gave me Jane from Tarzan. We also have a problem with laughter during prayers. By the end of the day we can't speak English or Spanish and we are so loopy and anything is funny. We get laughing so hard we can't breathe. Es muy divertido.
I haven't seen Elder Bench yet, I'll keep my eyes peeled!
I love being a missionary. I love this gospel. Se que la iglesia es verdadero. Se que Dios te ama. Remember who you are!! Sons and daughers of the most creative Being! Make sure you serve someone today!
SHOUTOUTS:
  • To the people who write me...you're going to get blessing and prosper in life.
  • Grandpa Sherrell! Thank you for the dear elders!! I love and miss you! I also got Grandma Linda's letter! I sent a letter to St. G today!
  • Congrats to Westy on the 4.0! I didn't know you were smart ;)? Have FUN this summer! Also, Weston, the last time I checked you have two arms two hands and ten fingers...WRITE ME A LETTER. Gracias.
  • Thank you Uncle Dan for the pictures!! I loved them!
  • Tell Ryan Cahoon that his note on the poster made my day! I put the picture of the note in my scriptures! Tell Ryan I pray for him too!
  • To all of you people who went to Lake Powell, thanks for the pictures!
  • MOM: Hermana Bontempo loved the package you sent her! That was very nice of you! Also, THANK YOU for sending so many dearelders! They keep me going, you are still winning!
  • Dad..I don't want to hear any more excuses. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you..WRITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • THANKS FOR THE GOLDFISH!!!! Send more soon... :), also necesito stamps por favor.
  • Thanks to Sara y Stacey for the package! I love you guys!
I LOVE YOU! Stay classy.
Hermana Minnick
 P.S. www.dearelder.com is the best way to write me. Handwritten too!!


Hermana Bontempo 
Future Reu Hermana's

Fun in the "box"



Love these glasses!

MTC District plus our teacher!

Rapping?

Roomies!

Singing in the "box"


Tough chicas!

No comments:

Post a Comment