Friday, June 14, 2013

MTC Survivor of DOS DIAS!

HOLA!
Como estas mi amigos? I'm going to be straight honest with you all...the MTC is HARD! But, the good kind of hard. It pushes each missionary to their limits! Sometimes I think it is harder than Chem 285! But, I love it! I eat, sleep, drink, think, and breathe Espanol. It's only day 3 and I'm getting frustrated with myself. I need to stop doing that! I know the Spanish will come. I know it. My companion is Hermana Bontempo-I truly lucked out, she is awesome! She is from Huntington Beach California! Hermana Bontempo is really laid back like me, we have a lot in common! I found all of the Reu sisters! They are so cute! I love ALL of them! In my district there are 10 people- 6 Elders (going to Mexico) and 4 sisters! The other two sisters are also going to Reu. Hermana Ostler y Hermana Parker-we have fun together! Last night we were praying in espanol and lost it because Hermana Parker said the prayer completely wrong. It really wasn't even that funny but when you sit in a classroom all day, someone sneezing makes everyone laugh. One thing that drives me nuts about the MTC is that even when you are outside, you feel like you are inside. You can never see the sky. You can never see the mountains. Every once in a while I see them and almost burst into tears because I want to run on my mountains. It's all good though. :) Also, I forgot to tell you, Madel was the very first person to give me a hug. I had just barely put my tag on, walked out of the building and then BAM...she attacked me! She literally picked me up and spun me around! I've also seen Brooke, half of my BYU ward, and kids from high school. Speaking of high school, there is an Elder from Draper in my district- Elder Walker..he graduated from Alta last week. I don't know if you know his family Mom? There is also Elder McCubbins... Stacey's nephew! It's a small world here!
 
-The food is bien. I just don't question. I have pineapple for every meal. This morning I had a hard boiled egg, a piece of toast, fruit, and skim milk. I WILL NOT GAIN WEIGHT HERE.
 
-I sleep on the top bunk, 4th floor...we haven't had gym time yet, so my exercise consists of running up and down the stairs and standing up from my chair to go to the bathroom.
 
-My Branch President is awesome! His name is President Peer. In our interview he rattled off lines from my patriarchal blessing. He also said, "In 20 years I would love to be a fly on the wall in your life...I never say that to missionaries." That helped me a lot. I struggled a little bit yesterday. I am a perfectionist. I want to know spanish. NOW. So, I was feeling down, like I couldn't do it. He helped me take a step back and realize that I need to let it go. Take it one step at a time, and count on the savior to help me.
 Another thing he said is that as long as we are keeping our covenants things will work out and we will be blessed. He said, and I quote, "Come hell or high water, we are a covenant keeping people!"
 
-My P-days are on Fridays, I always knew Friday was a good day! We get to go to the temple today. I am so excited!! The temple is my favorite place.
 
-PEOPLE: remember to write me.
 
This spirit here is unreal. I can feel it almost every second of the day. I am going to give it my all. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I WILL ENDURE TO THE END. I am so happy to be here, I know this is the place for me.
 
I will write more next week!
Have fun in Powell my beautiful family!! Thank you for the cute notes hidden everywhere, they truly uplift me each time I find them! Also, thanks for the package MOM!!
 
Con Amor,
Hermana Minnick
 
 P.S. I will send pictures in a minute!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment