Friday, June 7, 2013

Last Items of Business

Hi People! 
This post is kind of random so just bear with me for a moment. This blog is about to change gears and turn into my weekly missionary blog! (my mom will update)  I LEAVE IN 5 DAYS!! Can you believe it?? Also, yesterday my Stake President called my Dad to inform us that instead of flying to the Guatemala CCM on Tuesday, I will be driving down to the good ole Provo MTC on Wednesday. I guess the Guatemala CCM is too full, so I will be crammed into the (packed to the rim) Provo MTC. At first, I must admit I was bummed. But, then I realized I would get to hang in my favorite place ever (Provo), experience firsthand all of the cool speakers that come, and see my friends that are already there! I'm excited. (That's an understatement). And I'M READY TO BUST OUT OF THIS PLACE. 

However, I am really going to miss Draper, my home, my family, my friends...the list goes on. Let's just set one thing straight. I will NOT be a trunkie missionary. I don't even know if I know the real meaning of "trunkie" or if that is even how you spell it..? In my mind "trunkie" has a negative connotation. From what I've heard, having a companion who is "trunkie" is exhausting and annoying. I'm going on a mission. I'm going to do it right. I'm going to give it my all. Whining is unacceptable. I think it is okay to miss your family, it would probably be unhealthy if you didn't. However, when you are working in the mission field, your mind shouldn't be thinking about the favorite TV show you're missing or the boating trip to Lake Powell (thanks for going without me fam! really nice...)  I want to be there 100%- physically, emotionally, and mentally! SO, right here, right now, I am going to write down all of the things I will miss so that I don't have to open this door for 18 months. 
Ready? Okay! I'm doing this in a list, I like them...they are organized.

1. I am really going to miss MY mountains. I never get tired of looking at them, running on them, hiking on them, crying on them....haha ok we'll stop there. Basically, they are a special, sacred place for me.
2. I'll miss my Mom. She does like EVERYTHING for me...it's going to be a wakeup call for me to say the least. She's the bomb. I love you MOM!
3. I'm going to miss Castle. It's my favorite TV show. In the season finale Castle proposed to Beckett.... I guess I'll never know if she says yes or no. No one send me spoilers please and thank you.
4. I'm going to miss boating, snowboarding, scuba diving, and motorcycling with my family. 
5. I guess I'll miss Weston. He's alright.
6. Moment of truth: I will miss instagram, twitter, snapchat  and not Facebook. Amen. 
7. Sleeping in.
8. Staying up late.
9. JUST KIDDING WESTON I"M REALLY GOING TO MISS YOU!! 3 1/2 years ain't got nothing on us!!!!!! You're my best friend. I love you Westy.
10. Food: Zupas, cafe rio, french fries, training table, SUSHI, Mama's fish house, peanut butter and this could take forever so I'll stop.
11. I will miss Utah's weather...haha jokes. 
12. The snow. I really love the snow. It's peaceful.
13. Zane. He is going to tower me when I get home. He'll probably also be able to demolish me in volleyball too. What a shame. I love you Zane!
14. English. It's a good language. I'll miss it. 
15. Clean drinking water. I keep telling myself, "Diseases are fun Whitney! They help you lose weight!"
16. Temples. I'm going to miss having a temple so close, even just to look at on a rough day. I love the temple.
17. Hi Dad, I'll miss you. You're really going to miss me too. Whitney + Dad = Same Person. I love you DAD!!
18. My bed, my shower, my clean home, AC, and my car. 
19. Alone time. Whitney time. Me myself and I time. 
20. I'll miss the people here. You know who you are. And if you don't write me, run. I attack with words. JK. Just write me!! I want to know about your lives and the outside world! Also, I'm a really good secret keeper (especially in another country)!

Peace and Blessings my friends.   1.5-be ready for me! 

Mucho Amor,
Hermana Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment