Monday, October 14, 2013

Buenas Tardes Americanos!


Buenas Tardes Americanos,

All is well here in Guatemala. October here is the RAINIEST month.  I find it ironic that in my house we haven't had water for three weeks, yet I swear the heavens dump an ocean and a half on us everyday!

Umbrellas Schumbrellas. Literally I look like a wet dog everyday, but it's cool.  The rain makes it possible for the gnarly fruits to grow so I'm cool with looking like a wet dog.

This past week has been great!  We are starting to see the fruits of our labor.  I don't like to write about my investigators because the experiences I have with them are sacred and special to my heart.  They are doing well though, please pray for them too!!  This week we worked a lot with Menos Activos.  There are SO MANY.  It truly breaks my heart.  But, I have hope that they will come back.  We visited many of them this past week.  Some of them were baptized and never came to church again.  We taught Dia de Reposo a lot this week. 

Yesterday in church we had 13 menos activos and 15 recent conversos!   It was the BEST! There truly is no greater joy!   This work is hard, but every ounce of effort is 1000 percent worth it. 

I can't imagine my life without a mission.  I think I have learned more in the past four months than I have in my entire life!  All of you future missionaries...BE EXCITED!!  Prepare now!! Go out and work with the missionaries!!  Behind a successful missionary, there are ALWAYS members!  Be the member that is always willing to help the missionaries. You'll receive countless blessing and a good looking spouse... jk jk.  No but really, missionaries come and go but the members are there to stay. Please help strengthen everyone around you!  Lift where you stand!!! 

I love all of you! Read your scriptures, say your prayers, and go on a nice long run. 

Love,
Hermana Minnick





The National Tree in Guatemala....Ceibon




The Grandma Mary wall in my Area!


Obispo Gonsales


 Guatemala Latter-day Saints ride in style!


Guatemalan Latter-day Saints!





No comments:

Post a Comment