Monday, October 28, 2013

Journal Excerpts (sp??)

Hola! 

I'm going to switch this writing thing up a little bit because I don't remember what I have written and y'all are probably getting super bored of me...

Ready?

Experiences I had in the kitchen this week:

1. I cut my very first pineapple. It was a disaster. It was the best pineapple I've ever had.

2. I boiled 2 dozen eggs (unsuccessfully) before I held a solid egg in my hand...I'm going to be such a great wife.

SUCCESSSSSSS!

3. I found out that I am allergic to kiwi...

4. For the first time since I have lived in my Casa, water came out of the spout of our kitchen sink...
I REPEAT: H2O came FLOWING out of THE SPOUT!!! I washed each dish 3 times.

5. My mission is teaching me how to cook eggs, cut pineapple, treat allergies, and wash dishes until you can see your upside down reflection.


Excerpts from my journal this week:

22 Octubre 2013
"Today lighting struck the cable above us as we were walking in the calle and now I understand the meaning of "I've seen the light". 


23 Octubre 2013
"Today it rained sideways, I fell, my rain boots filled to the brim with water, every single cita fell through and our member didn't show up. SO, we contacted for three hours without success. Then we had a duh light bulb moment...we stopped and we prayed on a dark street corner in the pouring rain. Within 4 minutes we were sitting with a beautiful family. This is a work of humility, love, patience, diligence, and faith. It will be a life-long pursuit, but I will develop these attributes of Christ. I love this work. Its worth it."


24 Octubre 2013
"I am thankful for:
The Book of Mormon
Goldfish
My companion, Hermana Ostler y Hermana Arevalo
Umbrellas
My mission
My family
Rain
Templos
Buckets"


26 Octubre 2013
"It is beautiful to be a missionary."

27 Octubre 2013
"I HEATED UP MY BROWN WATER TO SHOWER ON THE STOVE AND I THINK I KNOW WHAT PARADISE IS! Also, I love singing hymns with the Guatemalans."

I am still trying to decide if I prefer the brown water or black water?
I am leaning towards the brown because it leaves me with a slight tan!


What I studied in the Book of Mormon this week:
1. Read Mosiah 2 if you want a happier and more united family.
2. Read 3 Nephi 11...it's one of my favorites.
3. 2 Nephi 33..this is for all of you missionaries out there! 
4. Read Ether 12, it will strengthen your faith!


What I listened to:
"Beware of Pride" by President Ezra Taft Benson April 1989 GC
LISTEN TO THIS!!
I've listened to this talk almost every other week of my mission and I will continue to listen to it until the pride is sucked right out of me!


I love you guys! I definitely feel your prayers and support! I want you to know that I love and pray for you too!  Please please please don't forget that you are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father!  You are important!  I have a quote on my desk that says, "Every day look up to the heavens in faith and say, Oh what a BEAUTIFUL morning!"  Every day counts!  This life is short!  Spend your time on things that matter!  Go to the temple often, read the scriptures, and pray. 

Do you want to be happy? Keep the commandments!

Con Amor,
Hermana Minnick

P.S. 
I still feel like I'm celebrating the fourth of July.  Winter is coming to an end here!  
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



I serve my companion by carrying her across street rivers!

Blurry!  But this is Guatemala in a nutshell!

Holding a baby Cordero!
  
Las Hermanas de Mazate!

Aunt Kim sent this package to Whit today for Thanksgiving Dinner!  Saaaaweeeeet!  Thanks Kim!!  She will love it.
Turkey Spam!  NUM NUM! 

My favorite:  David and a Lamb
Whit to mom:  "Don't worry about me!"
Trish Allen this is for you!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment