Monday, November 18, 2013

Put on the Armour of God!

This last week was seriously the best week of my mission!  I wish I could adequately describe how I feel! 

La familia Gomez and Narcy were baptized!  It is literally a miracle to see God's children enter las aguas bautismales.  I LOVE IT! You know how usually baptisms are crazy because Satan gets in the way? Yeah, well this time I am pretty sure he was fast asleep ´taking a nap because it was all smooooth sailin´ (and that is unheard of in Guatemala on baptism days).  Every single person was 20 minutes early to their baptism and then on Sunday, 1 hour early ready for church!  It was AWESOME!  There is no doubt in my mind the Lord prepared every single one of these people to receive the gospel!  The best part is, I know that there are more out there waiting!  I just have to find them!  Pray that I can find them!! 

La familia Gomez


This is Narcy. She is incredible. She was definitley prepared to receive the gospel! She has had the desire to be baptized for a long time but was to afraid to make the step forward. One of my favorite moments in my entire mission was kneeling down in her kitchen and listening to her prayer: 

"Heavenly father, I want to be baptized. When should I be baptized?" 
After we stayed on our knees for 5 minutes,
she stood up, hugged herself started to cry and said, 
"If this is what the spirit feels like, I want to have it all the time." 

Narcy!

I love Guatemala. It smells a little gnarly sometimes but this beautiful country has a special place in my heart.  Here, I have come to know my Savior. I will never understand fully what he went through, but I know He did it because He loves us. I know that only through Him we can receive the greatest gift, which is eternal life.  I want that!  I am striving to use the atonement to the fullest. I have so many imperfections. Through his grace and mercy I know that we can do it!!!

I read a talk this week in the Liahona called, "His grace is sufficient".  Look  it up and read it!  I love the part where it talks about how we need to practice.  

Practice, Practice, Practice! 

We are here to prepare to meet God (Alma 34). We are not perfect!  Don't be hard on yourself!  Strive to become like the Savior and when you fall, use the atonement.  Isn't the plan perfect?! 

Last week we had a noche de hogar (FHE) with a family that is practicing praying as a family and reading the scriptures every night. We talked about putting on the armour of God...
This is Delmy. She put on her armour of God. You should too!  DyC 27

Note from Tami:  I love this picture!!  It is Whit's handwriting on the shields!
Such a fun family night idea!

Every morning when you wake up, your knees better hit the floor. Pray for strength and protection.  Satan is working hard right now.  Put on your armour.  Pray to have the spirit with you!  Put on your armour. Open up the Book of Mormon and read. Put on your armour of God.  Don't you dare leave the house without putting on your armour.  We are in the last days you guys!!  We have got to step it up TODAY! 

I know that the this is the Lord´s church.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true!  I love sharing the gospel with the Lamanites!  Keep practicing!  Keep your held high!  Be the answer to someone's prayer! 

I love you guys! Thanks for your support and prayers!

LOVE,
Hermana Minnick

P.S. On a funny note, this week we taught a lesson to this little old women. Just think "old cat lady", but replace cat with chicken. She had a lot of chickens. One of them made a nest under my skirt.  It was the most uncomfortable 30 minute lesson of my life.  I tried to to kick it out from under my dress but the cute little old woman got mad at me...  So my new best friend is a chicken.    

I found Nemo!

Just two sister missionaries with double chins!  HA!
Don't worry, I will lose this weight before I get back!!!!!

When the Bishop walked up the hill and saw all of us he started singing,
 "I´m dreaming of a white Christmas" 

No comments:

Post a Comment