Monday, November 11, 2013

Tender Mercies

As missionaries, we see miracles and experience tender mercies everyday. At first in my mission, I was expecting to see grand miracles and have all of these amazing stories to tell. In the first months of my mission I thought, "So, when am I going to see a miracle?" The truth is, I needed to open my eyes and realize how immensely the Lord has blessed me. Through the small and simple things, great things are brought to pass. A miracle is when someones faith in Christ strengthened, or when somebody reads a verse in the Book of Mormon and feels the spirit, or when somebody shows up to church on Sunday! These are miracles and tender mercies of the Lord! I hope that you guys can learn to recognize and see the tender mercies that the Lord places in your life daily!

I'll share some of mine..

1. Yesterday in Sacrament meeting I understood every word without straining my head until my eyeballs popped out. The gift of tongues is real!!!!

2. It only rained really hard 3 times this week!

3. One night we decided that we deserved a piece of pan and it was close to curfew, so we had to sprint in order to be obedient. I don't remember the last time I sprinted and I have become super uncoordinated. Naturally, I tripped, and my favorite pair of shoes broke in half (this is not the tender mercy). The panaderia was open and they had my favorite kind (tender mercy).

4. I told a joke and everyone laughed. This means that
               a) They can understand my Spanish
               b) I have developed a Latin sense of humor and I am funny. :)

5. I got Dengue fever this week and was out for the count for 2 days, but, every night I went up on the roof and watched the MOST BEAUTIFUL sunsets I have ever seen in my 19 years of living!

6. After a rather difficult lesson in the language department (I have my good days and bad days), Narcy my investigator told me I was a vitamin for her heart.

7. The Spirit guided us to a home of an elderly woman who lives alone. She was really sick and confined to her bed. She told us we were an answer to her prayers.

8. The Lord has protected us as missionaries in dangerous situations.

9. I have the opportunity to go to the temple on the 22nd of this month to see my recent converts enter the temple to perform baptisms for the first time!

10. I have received answers to my prayers, my testimony has grown firmer and stronger, and I know that as I keep my covenants and perserverar hasta el fin, I can and will receive some of the greatest blessings that the Lord has prepared for his children. I know this is true for everyone who is willing to serve the Lord with all of their heart, might, mind and strength!

I love being a missionary. I am thankful to be a member of the Lord's army! 

I love all of you! I challenge you all to be more grateful! Strive to recognize the tender mercies and miracles of the Lord in your lives every day!

Love,
Hna Minnick

P.S. Keep writing me!

P.S.S. Here is a quote that I really LOVE:
"SatanĂ¡s tiembla cuando ve de rodillas al mas debil de los santos."
- President Thomas S. Monson





No comments:

Post a Comment