Friday, May 16, 2014

Drink water and take Pepto!

Hey amigos!

Surprise! I'm writing on Friday! I'm sitting in the beautiful air conditioned mission office writing on a functioning keyboard. BRILLANDO! This is incredible. Its not because I'm disobedient, it's because I'm the new mission nurse! Yay for sick missionaries! Our new P-day is Friday. Although the office really doesn't have P-day because something always comes up. But, you should expect my letters to come on Fridays...sometimes Mondays because you never know...our schedule is crazy.

To answer your questions mother:

My companion is Hermana Garcia (her calling is the be the nurse, so she knows what she's doing) she is from Mexico! I love everyone from Mexico! I went back to Las Palmas... I guess they missed me too much. Our area is Pedregal! Awesome ward! There are 6 missionaries. The zone leaders, Hna Moreno, Hna Keltner and us. 

What do I do as a nurse? Well, every day sick missionaries call us and then we try to fix them so that they can save souls. We are all over the mission buying medicine and then delivering it and also taking missionaries to doctors appointments. We are also in the office a lot because this is a church of order so we have to document everything we do. Its a fun job. Although, there are many missionaries who make fun of the nurses. There is a joke in the mission that no matter what kind of illness you have the nurses say, "Well, just drink more water and take pepto." Sometimes its true. There are a lot of weird diseases, skin rashes, worms and gross stuff here. I guess I'll learn how to treat it. I'LL DO MY BEST! 

Remember when I was the nurse for my first change and I didn't like it to so much? Yeah, well now its a lot better because I can speak Spanish, I know how to be a missionary, and I'm not in culture shock! I'm excited this time. 

We have some investigators that are progressing! Whoohoo! Because we are in the office a lot and always everywhere else but our area, it is easier to see the Lord's hand in the work. Miracles happen and Hermana Garcia and I are going to work hard to be the Nurses that baptize. 

I am more thankful to be here each day. I LOVE my mission. It has by far been the best thing for my life! I know with conviction that this is The true Church of Jesus Christ. He is the head. I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I've read it in English and Spanish and both times it has been true. If you don't believe me, read and ask for yourself!   This change I am going to focus on developing charity. I'll let ya know how it goes! 

Special birthday shout out to my main padre J Mark Minnick!! Te amo y te extrano y ay que praticar tu espanol porque westy y yo solo vamos a hablar en espanol por el resto de nuestros vidas. I can't believe you're so old. Cuarenta y cuatro. Anciano. Jaja. Thanks dad, for teaching me everything that I know. Also mom probably helped a little bit more but you definitely have some credit because I'm your twin!

Anyway mis amados, I love you all very much and I hope you are all happy and healthy and reading your scriptures. Keep being awesome and eat grilled salmon for me.

Con demasiado amor,
Hermana Minnick

I got letters from:
Sara
Hermana Hubbard
Gma Linda
Gpa Sherrell
THANKS I LOVE YOU ALL!! I'm sending letters back soon!

TANMAN!! Thank you so much for the package!!! I almost cried when I saw.... (slim jims) and I love EVERYTHING! Love you!

Shout out to my main man Zane. You just get one because you're you!

Also, Madel. I'm glad that you have experienced my pain with stubborn doors. Keep echando fuego en Chile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment