Friday, June 6, 2014

Ventajas y Desventajas

Pros and cons. Its a good and bad thing to be in the office. 

Ventajas: I'm eating like the Queen of England. (I don't know what she eats like, but its probably really good). I have traveled the entire mission now. I have met all of the missionaries in my mission. I can now say that I know my mission president and his wife well. 

Desventajas: I'm eating like the Queen of England. (AKA I'm starting to get fat again.) For example, yesterday we had to do interviews in Mazatenango. We left early in the morning and went to Burger King for breakfast, ate Subway for lunch and Taco Bell for dinner. Now can you see why I have heartburn? I'm in the car A LOT (car sick). We don't get to work as "real" missionaries like I would like to. 

Being the nurse is fun. Stressful too. What I learned this week is that with everything in life, there are pros and cons. I learned that there are many things we have to do in life that we don't want to do, but we do them anyways because its the right thing to do (my writing skills are diminishing rapidly). For example, do I like to wake up at 6:30? No. Do I do it? Yes. Do I do it with a happy attitude? Most days...  

Another...Do I like telling a missionary that they have to go and take a parasite test for the third time? Obviously not. But, I tell them with a happy voice. Sometimes I just wish that I could magically take away every sickness from every missionary. I wish that they didn't have to suffer. I can testify that the worst thing in the entire world is being a sick missionary. Hand downs. Its even worse when you can't help them. 

One thing I have learned here is that the atonement covers ALL. The Lord not only suffered for our sins, He suffered for every pain, infirmity, and sickness. He felt it all. I think in order to understand what He went through, sometimes we have to suffer a tiny smidgen of what He did. I've also learned that the priesthood is real. With faith, obedience, and a priesthood blessing, we can be healthy. 

"Your body is a temple"... How many times have you heard that in your life? If your me, then a lot. How can we feel the spirit if we are couch potatoes fast food junkies? All I know is that my days of Burger King, McDonald's, and Taco Bell in Guatemala are over!! God gave us our bodies that house our precious spirits! Let's take care of them!!

Anyway, I wasn't planning on that rant. Sorry. 

ESTUARDO!! He got baptised!! He showed up to church with his Grandpa wearing a white shirt and tie (I have no idea where he found a white shirt and tie) and I was so happy! We are now setting mission goals!! There is nothing more incredible than missionary work! 

Continuing:

WESTON!! You graduated high school!!!!! CONGRATS!! I am so proud of you! I almost cried when I saw the pictures...Don't waste this last month! Its precious time! Here's my last advice: GO TO THE TEMPLE as many times as you can!! LOVE YOU! Write me.

ZANE: Write me pleeeeaaasssee! You too dad!!

I really love you guys.
Hermana Minnick


Shoutouts:
ALL OF YOU GET A SHOUTOUT! Write me pleaseeee! I promise blessings!

In the office all day long!

Tami:  I sent Whit an email (by accident)  that was meant for our entire family & friends  -- inviting them to Weston's Endowment at the Draper Temple.  Minutes later I got this pic back!!  

This is what happens when you travel the mission! (She's not dead...yet)

I love Hermana Ruiz!!!



President's car in the middle of the jungle!

Estuardo got baptized!


No comments:

Post a Comment