Monday, November 10, 2014

Sea una luz!

Hello my dear ones,

Honestly, I am really getting tired of typing on broken keyboards. But, I realize that I haven't been the best writer in the past weeks so I'll suck it up and do the best I can..hahaaaaaaa. I am also pretty loopy because I played basketball in the sun for the last 2 hours. I have become uncoordinated on my mission -- its not even funny.  But, I did make 2 Jimmer shots...halla!

Okay, so this whole trio thing has been such a blessing! Every single day we did divisions with members and got double the work done in our area!! We saw a ton of miracles. Carlos, his two sons, and Jefferson are preparing to be baptised this Friday! I am so excited!!

This past weekend we had Stake Conference! It was awesome! Our stake president, President Garcia was released after SIXTEEN years of faithful service! They live in Pajapita and they are so incredible! They have helped us a ton with our investigators! Elder Ochoa and Elder Morales came and spoke to us.  Their messages were so refreshing and powerful. We had 7 investigators with two families there and everyone loved it!  Elder Morales shared a scripture that I loved..


Dyc 103:9-10 (i like it better in Spanish, but English will do)

 For they were set to be light unto the world, and to be the saviors of men;
 10 And inasmuch as they are not the saviors of men, they are a salt that has lost its savor, and is thenceforth good for nothing but to be  casout and trodden under foot of men.
We are here on this earth to be a LIGHT! We are here to SAVE SOULS!! 

Don't be a bench warmer! We NEED the saving ordinances to qualify for CELESTIAL glory!! Baptism, confirmation, priesthood, endowment, sealing!!! If you haven't received these ordinances, I invite you to prepare to do so! And if you have, I invite you to turn to your family and help them to prepare! I invite you to dig in deep! Hasten the work of salvation! 

If they say no, love them. Love them and be there for them, and one day they will know, and you will be there waiting to help them!! 

Jesus Christ lives! This is His church, and His work!  We need to work in His vineyard, and we need to do it NOW! 

I love you family!

Hermana Minnick

Tam Note:  No pics from Whit this week.  She has no time.  I could barely get her to answer any questions I had for her today.  All I have to say-- you can definitely tell she only has four weeks left on her mission.  :)  WORK / PREACH  / WORK / PREACH!!  

The pic below is a jar of hershey kisses given to me by Sue Outsen (her daughter is serving in REU too!!)  The number of kisses is the number of days Whit has left.  I am supposed to eat one a day and then she is HOME.  I ate TWO kisses today.  Do you think that will make this go faster??  The poor girl doesn't want to come home, and I am trying to speed things up!!!  Thanks SUE!!!  xoxoxoxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment