Thursday, November 6, 2014

3s a crowd...

Hi guys. How goes it?  Sorry I missed a week, but don't worry I am back up and kickin! Life is good down here in Pajapita!

Well, where to start?

Last week President asked me in our weekly email, "How do you feel knowing that you have begun the last change of your misison?"

I honestly can't believe how fast this time has gone!! I still feel like I have at least 6 months left. I feel like I have been living in the month of July for 17 months! Weston, take advantage of EVERY second!!!!  I am sad to know that this is coming to an end because it has been one of the happiest times of my life!!  If my body would let me go for another year, I would do it in a heartbeat!!  In this last change, I'm giving it my all.  I always give it my all, but I am going to find a way to do even more than I think I can...if that makes sense...?    I couldn't be happier!!

Anyway, this week we had a little surprise. On Friday after a long morning of contacting, Elder Portillo (the new assistant) called me. Well, four hours later I found myself in a trio. Yeehaw.  Its been interesting, fun, stressful, and exciting all in one package.  I am still with my hija (thank heavens because she is the best) and our new companion is Hermana Natividad from Salvador.  She has 10 months in the mission. She is great!  It has been a challenge to learn how to teach in unity, but we'll get there!  I'm on my toes because I don't really know if we will stay like this for the whole change. I'm game for whatever!

Alright, I'll tell you about my investigators...

Carlos. He is the best! He is a single father of 6 children that run wild. In all honesty, I have no idea how he does it!  His wife died 5 years ago. He loved learning about the plan of salvation. He told us that the gospel is filling the hole in is heart more than the alcohol ever has!  It has been a great struggle for him to overcome drinking but he has made major progress!  He LOVES the BOM and he is preparing to be baptised the 14th along with 2 of his children! Pray for Carlos!

Renee (hijo/son). Hijo of a menos activo of 17 years. Reactivating is so hard but so worth it! With Renee  we had to work through his dad first. Renee (father) is one of the priesthood holders we have been fighting to reactivate!  He has been 3 consecutive Sundays!! Wahoooo!! They are reading the Book of Mormon together too! At first Renee (hijo/son), didn't want anything to do with us. One time we came and read Enos 1 with his dad. Renee was in the other room hiding, but listening! The next lesson he sat down with us and asked a ton of questions! I am excited to work with him!

Familia de leon. They are so pilas. We shared with them this week The Family, a Proclamation to the World and they LOVED it!! They are reading the BOM and always have really good questions!!!

I wish I could tell you about all of my investigators but there is just no time!! Pray for all of them please!!

Well, fam. I LOVE YOU! Always remember to read your scriptures and say your prayers. EVERYDAY!!

love,
hna minni


No comments:

Post a Comment