Monday, September 9, 2013

Cambios y temblors y espanol OH MY.


So, this week was insane! 

The nuevos:
On Tuesday the nuevos came!!! I got to talk to Hermana Terry for a while...she got sent to the mountains! We were in the office all day as usual so I was able to meet all of the new missionaries! That night we ate at Presidents house and it was HEAVEN! I dream about food...no lie.

Cambios:
I had changes!!! Holy cow my suitcases are so heavy I need to get rid of some stuff. Not to mention.. I now live on the third level of a bonita casa amarillo! My new area is called Mazatenago! I am in the San Fransico area in the foothills below the volcanoes!
  
The view from my roof!
I work out every morning on our roof and watch the volcanoes smoke...its crazy! My new companion is Hermana Betancourth from Honduras! She is seriously incredible. She has six months in the mission. She is the Sister Training Leader! Hondurans are known for speaking really fast...I can attest to that! She is seriously so patient, kind and loving! I am so blessed to be with her. We have a lot of fun! I know that the gift of tongues is real. 

Mi nueva companera, Hermana Betancourth de Honduras!


Also we live with two others Hermanas....HERMANA OSTLER and Hermana Byington (both from Utah)!  When I saw Hermana Ostler I legit cried (one of my MTC roommates y BFF). We hadn't seen each other for 7 weeks!  

Our house is so beautiful. It's on the third level, members live below us. It doesn't have any bugs!!! Also we have a LIFE SIZE FRIDGE. But, we NEVER have water. So that has been super interesting. I haven't done any laundry...To flush the toilet we walk down to the first floor fill up a bucket, and haul it back up. My legs are gonna be ripped!! Gotta love the buckets, right? My area is awesome too! In every single lesson we have a member. Right now we are teaching about 8 families. Yesterday we left the house at 6:30 am to round up the families for church at 9. The Family is where it's at people!!! Strengthen your families!!  

My beautiful room, without bugs or tree branches!

EARRTTHHHQUUAAKKEE: So that was pretty crazy! I survived a 6.5!! We were in the middle of a lesson and BAM everything was shaking!! It's pretty dangerous here because their houses are shacks and you do not want to be in one when it falls...so we booked it out! The family was balling, and I was like THIS IS AWESOME!!  We said a prayer and they calmed down. When we got home everything had fallen! Our fridge moved like 5 feet. Also my toothbrush fell in the toilet, I wasn't very happy about that. Through the night there were mini earthquakes and since we are on the third floor they are exaggerated so I woke up every time. I think I'm going to make a 72 hour kit! haha!

This week has been the best week of my mission. I am so happy and privileged to be here! I love being a missionary!!! Have fun, be happy and say your prayers!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Minnick
P.S. rumor has it my area hardly ever gets mail because we are far from the office.... email me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment