Monday, September 16, 2013

Hola Mis Amigos Amados!


Hi! Are you sick of me yet? Probably.
This week was crazy...just like all of the other weeks!! 

On Tuesday Hermana Ostler and I were left alone to be companions all day long! At first we were nervous. Why? Because we are in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language, we don't know where in the world we are, and we were trainer-less. I found out two things:

1. I know more Spanish than I thought I did. 

2. As long as you smile and say, "Hola, somos misioneros de la iglesia de Jesu Cristo de los santos de los ultimos dias...podemos compartir un mensaje con usted?"  Then,  smile again extra big, they will let you in the door. 

I love the people here.  Hermana Ostler and I found a family contacting, we taught all of lesson three in our broken Spanish and then challenged them.  It was AWESOME!  I love being a missionary! 

On Thursday President Ruiz dropped in at our zone meeting and after he took Hermanas Byington, Ostler, Betancourth and I to McDonald's!  Guys, I have the best mission President!  After lunch Hermana Ruiz came out and taught all day with Hermana Betancourth and I! It was awesome! 

Right now Hermana Betancourth and I are teaching TWELVE families.  At the end of the day I don't even remember my name, but it's more than worth it! This Saturday is the baptism of the Chavez family! My first FAMILY!! I have never felt such joy. If there is one thing I have learned in 3 months it is that...FAMILY IS IMPORTANT. 

Here, I have seen happy families and miserable families. The families that keep the commandments, read in the scriptures, pray together, and spend time with each other are happy and successful. I have also seen broken families. My heart literally tears in half to see the pain and hurt. It is a result of not heeding to the commandments. I love this quote by President Harold B. Lee, "The most important of the Lords work you will ever do will be within the walls of your OWN homes." Family is more important than anything else. Satan is targeting the family. Don't let him in. Make sure that your home is centered in our Savior Jesus Christ!
Whats new with me?

1. I tried to say a prayer in English and I couldn't do it... (I am now an English teacher for my comp) 
2. I am 15 lbs fatter thanks to the bread here.
3. I ate SUBWAY!!!!!!!
4. Today we went to this huge waterfall deep into the jungle and I would like to remind you all that I have the best mission in the world.



Anyways, I have to go preach the gospel! I love all of you! Please don't forget who you are: sons and daughters of the most high Being! 
Have a beautiful day!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Minnick
P.S. I got all of your dear elders! Thank you!!!!!

Missionaries gone wild!


Reunited and it feels so good!
My roomies from the MTC (missing Hermana Bontempo)
Ostler on the left and Parker on the right.

Beautiful!

Helping this Hermana with her laundry!


No comments:

Post a Comment