Monday, March 3, 2014

FACT.

Fact. I have 34 mosquito bites on my right arm. (I counted twice to make sure.) 


Fact. It itches.

Fact. If I could create a world, the following creatures would not be inhabitants: ants, mosquitoes, rats, mice, scorpions, dogs with disease, flies, spiders. 

Fact. 9/10 Guatemalans will look at my arm and try to put lemon or a leaf from their back yard on my skin and tell me if I don't get myself cleaned up I won't find a husband.

Fact. The Book of Mormon is true.

Hello Utahns. Or whoever else reads this...

So this week was less challenging than the last 4!!  WHOO HOO!  We had 3 investigators in church yesterday and that hasn't happened for a very long time -- I was so excited!! We also found a positive FAMILY yesterday!!! The Lord answers prayers!  Even if its 4 weeks later, a year, or in the next life... He answers prayers and He knows how to answer them right. 

So I have writers block right now. If you guys have any questions about missionary life in Guatemala you can email me and I will try and answer them in my next email / letter.  (From Tami: You can email Whit-- whitney.minnick@myldsmail.net)  

For now, here is my testimony...The Church is true. God lives. Jesus is the Christ and His church has been restored through a prophet. Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet on the face of the earth today. The Book of Mormon is true.The atonement is real, it heals everything. 

Please pray and read your scriptures everyday! 

Shoutouts:

ERIN! Happy Birthday!! Miss you!!

WESTON!!! CONGRATS ON BYU!!! In like 2 1/2 years we can go to school together!

Love,
Hermana Minnick

This is a picture at a school where 600 students received a Book of Mormon and a lesson from the missionaries.  Part of the curriculum for all students is to learn about other religions.  I stole this picture from the blog of the new mission couple in Coatepeque (Elder and Hermana Wetzel)!
Pretty awesome if you ask me!!!    

Book of Mormon and the Jungle!!!  

Retalhuleu and Las Palmas Zones!

No comments:

Post a Comment