Monday, March 10, 2014

"Look unto me in every thought..."

"Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not."  DyC 6:36

He is always there, His love is always there...happy, sad, frustrated, weak, strong...whatever you may be feeling... He knows. His love is there for you. Do you have faith in Him? Do you believe that HE suffered and bled for every pore for you? I found myself asking myself this question a lot this week. Well, if there is anything I have learned on my mission it is God's love for His children, that He would send His only begotten son. I know He lives. I know He paid. His love is perfect and present. 
I thought a lot about faith this week too. I teach this principle a million times a day but I found myself asking, "do I even have faith?"  So, I studied it. "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." 

Believe. Act. Remember Him.  I also asked the question, how can I have more faith? Its simple...

1.  Pray
2.  Study the scriptures.
3.  Listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and follow them.
4.  Listen to and study the words of our living prophets and apostles.
5.  Repent, trust in the Savior. He loves you.

If you want your mountain to move, say a prayer in your heart, read the scriptures, pick up your shovel and start digging.

We can mope and whine, cry and wail, but in the end the only place we will end up is back at the grocery store in aisle 9 searching for the cheapest box of tissues. We will all have these moments, because life is hard. 

Have faith. Believe in the Being who created you. Stand tall because you know who you are and you know where you're going.  My Dad once told me,  "Whitney, focus on the drama of the restoration and the great plan of salvation." It truly is the most important drama out there!

We will all return back to our Heavenly Father one imperfect step at a time. In your journey, don't judge others, rather serve them. President Uchtdorf says it clearly, "This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following: STOP IT! Its that simple. We simply have to stop judging others and replace judgemental thoughts and feelings with a heart full of love for God and His children." Love, serve, lead by example. 

I am trying so hard to apply all of this to my own life. I want to line up my life with the Saviors. Only through repentance and His atonement can I achieve it. I read something this week... I can't remember where, that said something along the lines of, "It is not a choice between repenting or not.. It is repent or suffer." 

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the Book of Mormon. Please read it!

I love all of you. Thank you for your prayers.
Hermana Minnick

P.S. Mom, I am spraying bug spray like a 13 year old boy sprays his first bottle of cologne...don't worry.

Shoutouts to: (received letters)
Grandma Linda and Grandpa Sherrell! Love the letters!
Anne, Jane, Kate and Hope! I love your drawings, I hung them up on my wall!!!
Shanoah!
Brooklyn!



My GRINGAS!  (Hermana Page and Hermana Webster)
Hermana Leyva!!!!  My darling comp!

This fan saves my life!

Hermana Leyva!!
Note from Tami: Zane was mesmerized with this picture
because Hermana Leyva is wearing HIS shorts.
I guess Whit took them to Guatemala!  HAHA! 
We went to the beach today!  I was so happy to see the ocean!


I almost cried when I saw that guys shirt!



No comments:

Post a Comment